Cruises are all about relaxing at sea but your time in port does not have to be spent tanning on deck, unless that is what you want. If you are looking for some added adventure consider adding a wonderful excursion to your itinerary. We looked for the best excursions we found in our research of Caribbean cruise sites.
At TopTenREVIEWS We Do the Research So You Don’t Have To.™
10. River Kayak Tour: On the beautiful island of Dominican Republic, take the opportunity to kayak up the tranquil Chavon River. Experience the jungle and vegetation as you calmly glide through the water on either a single or double manned kayak.
9. Sea Turtle Snorkel: Beautiful Barbados is the perfect place to swim with enormous sea turtles. Taking a boat to your turtle encounter, you and your group will be provided gear and tips on swimming with the resident sea turtles. Once you are in the water, you will have the freedom to swim and snorkel with these magnificent creatures.
8. Tour Spice Isle: On Grenada, where the famous Caribbean spices are cultivated, you will go with your tour guide to tiny little spice factories where you can purchase authentic cinnamon, saffron, curry, and other yummy spices. Once you have had your fill of these quaint little shops, you will be taken to the Annadale waterfalls, on a ride through the Grand Etang rain forest, and then on to the famous Fort Frederick where you can view both the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea simultaneously. Finally, you will end at a private beach where you can enjoy the sun and sand for a few hours before your tour will take you back to your ship.
7. Stingray Encounter: Antigua is the place to be for this amazing wildlife experience. You will be met by your tour guide to taxi you across the beautiful island of Antigua to Stingray City. From the lodge, you will be taken by boat out about 3 miles to a sand bar where you are provided snorkel gear and are encouraged to swim your way around the enclosure where these magnificent creatures reside. Your guide will assist you as you hold , feed, and stroke these beautiful creatures.
6. Old San Juan: This very awesome and inexpensive excursion will take you to Old San Juan. Here you can access all there is to see by foot as you make your way through town from Fort San Felipe del Morro to El Palacio de Santa Catalina. You will be able to view the Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzis Cemetery, breathtaking multicolored 16th century architecture, and the San Juan Cathedral. You will be very impressed by the plethora of sites to see in this beautiful part of Puerto Rico.
5. Parasailing: What is an ocean vacation without a little parasailing? On the island of St. Thomas, you will meet your parasailing experience at the dock. They will take you to a beach front dock where your group will board the parasailing boat and begin the experience of a lifetime. Running about $75, you will spend about 10 minutes in the air. Defying gravity is a life enhancing experience that everyone should try. You won’t regret it!
4. Deep Sea Fishing: Enjoy a deep sea fishing journey on the isle of St. Kitts. Your group will be taken a few miles off the shore to test your skills in the sport of fishing. This experience will give you a chance to catch anything from Spanish and King Mackerels to Mahi Mahi, Tunas, and Barracudas.
3. Zipline: The zipline tour on St. Lucia is one of the most magnificent perspectives to experience. While Zipping from tree top to tree top you will be privy to a bird’s eye view of this beautiful island and its jungle life.
2. Dolphin and Whale Watch: Take a boat out to witness some of the largest creatures to live on this planet. You will have the opportunity to experience dolphins and whales in their natural habitat.
1. Trunk Bay: On the island of St. John, take a taxi from the dock to the gorgeous Trunk Bay, a U.S. National Park. You will have the opportunity to lay on the beach, follow the snorkel trail around the bay and personally encounter hundreds of tropical fish. Prepare to spend the day relaxing, swimming and enjoying one of the world’s best beaches.
Caribbean cruise vacations are the ultimate economic source of exotic fun that you will ever have. You will never regret the time you spend on a Caribbean Cruise and with any of these Caribbean cruise excursions you are sure to have the vacation of a lifetime.